Terms and Conditions - droidcon SF 2019 lottery
1. Conditions of Participation, Organizer
(1) The participation in the "droidcon SF 2019 lottery” (hereinafter “Lottery”) are subject to the following terms and conditions of participation (hereinafter “Conditions of Participation”).
(2) The organizer of the Lottery is Mobile Seasons GmbH, Messedamm 22, 14055 Berlin, Germany (hereinafter "Mobile Seasons").
(3) Participation in the Lottery constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Participation.
(1) All persons who have reached the age of 18 and who have valid access permission to droidcon San Francisco 2019 are entitled to participate in the lottery. Employees of Mobile Seasons are excluded.
(2) Participation in the Lottery is possible until October 18th, 5PM PDT from the time Mobile Seasons has posted the lottery opening tweet (hereinafter “Initial Tweet”) at 10AM PDT on October 17th.
3. Participation requirements
(1) To participate at the lottery, participants must answer the question by posting a Retweet with comment function (hereinafter “Retweet”) to the Initial Tweet. The Retweet must remain until the end of the Lottery.
(2) Only one Retweet per participant will be considered. Please be aware that the use of multiple accounts is not allowed and may result in an exclusion of participant.
4. Lottery, Prize
(1) Among all participants, Mobile Seasons will randomly pick three winners. Those winners will be contacted separately.
(2) Only one prize per participant is possible.
(3) Each prize contains two overnight stays for the dates November 24th and November 25th 2019 for one person provided by our partner hotels. https://www.sf.droidcon.com/hotel
(4) The prizes are neither transferable nor can it be exchanged or its value paid out in cash.
(5) If Mobile Seasons does not receive any feedback from winner within a reasonable time, any entitlement to receive a prize will expire. In this case, Mobile Seasons is entitled to carry out a replacement draw among the remaining participants.
(1) A violation of these Conditions of Participation entitles Mobile Seasons to exclude the respective participant from participation. This also applies if the participant makes false statements or violates the Community Code of Conduct (https://www.droidcon.de/code-of-conduct) of Mobile Seasons as well as Twitter Rules and Policies (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules).
(2) If the excluded participant is an already drawn winner, the prize may be subsequently withdrawn.
6. Liability and indemnity
(1) The participant confirms that the Retweet does not violate copyrights, related copyrights, trademark rights, personal rights or other rights of third parties (natural and legal persons) and does not violate applicable law or common decency. If the participant is not the sole author or right holder, participant expressly declares that participant is entitled to use the content of the Retweet.
(2) The participant indemnifies, hold harmless and defends Mobile Seasons from and against any claims and lawsuits, including any legal costs (such as court and attorney's fees) of third parties, that arises or results from the illegality of participant´s Retweet.
7. Premature Termination and Changes
Mobile Seasons reserves its right to terminate the Lottery in whole or in part prematurely at any time, without observing deadlines, or to modify the course of the Lottery if, for technical or legal reasons, it is not possible to guarantee the proper execution of the Lottery.
8. Final provisions
(1) Should the conditions of participation contain ineffective provisions, the effectiveness of the remaining conditions shall remain unaffected.
(2)Law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. Legal recourse is excluded.
Data Protection Notice pursuant to EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) regarding the participation in the droidcon SF 2019 lottery
1. Controller and Data Protection Officer
Controller within the meaning of EU-GDPR as well as other national data protection laws and regulations on the level of the European Economic Area (EEA) is:
Mobile Seasons GmbH
If you have any questions or comments with regard to this Notice or the data protection practices of Mobile Seasons GmbH, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
c/o Messe Berlin GmbH
2. Your personal data
We will process your Retweet as well as your name and surname which you have provided to us in connection with the purchase of your admission ticket to the droidcon SF 2019 to check that you fulfil the conditions to participate in the droidcon SF 2019 lottery and to carry out the lottery.
Once you have been drawn as a winner of the droidcon SF 2019 lottery, we will post Tweet to inform about the outcome of the lottery by using a tag of the winners.
3. Purpose of processing and its legal basis
We process the afore-mentioned personal data for the purpose of carrying out the droidcon SF 2019 lottery, including checking that you fulfil the conditions to participate and to tag you, in case you are a winner (legal basis: necessity for the performance of our contract with you - Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. b of EU-GDPR).
We will store your personal data in databases which are hosted by external parties on our behalf and which process the personal data upon our instructions only.
If you are the winner of the droidcon SF 2019 lottery, we will separately request your consent (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. a of EU-GDPR) to forward your name to the partner hotel in the US, so we can make the reservation for the overnight stay that you won. Since the partner hotels are based in the US, at the same time we will also request your consent to the transfer of your name to the US, which does not provide the same level of protection as the EU.
5. Your rights
You can assert the following data subject rights: right to access your personal data (Art. 15 EU-GDPR) as well as the right to request the erasure, data portability and rectification of your personal data and the right to restriction of processing (Art. 16 to 21 EU-GDPR).
You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting us (please see contact details in section 1 above).
If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Art. 77 EU-GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 of the German Federal Data Protection Act).
6. Storage period
Your personal data will be stored until the lottery has been carried out and, with respect to the winner, until the hotel reservation has been made. Irrespective of the foregoing, we will only erase personal data which are subject to retention obligations under corporate or tax laws after the expiry of the statutory retention periods.